Saturday, July 9, 2011

Holy Hotness!

And, boy, do I wish I was talking about myself... :-)

In all seriousness though, it has been one of the hottest summers my husband or I can remember, and so early even. Every day, it starts out semi-tolerable, in the upper 70's. And then by 11:00 am, we are nearing 100. It's been pretty miserable trying to work and then come home to a house that is nice and cool, and then I realize I have to heat up the kitchen to cook. Ugh...

So, we've been trying to come up with ways to keep Trent and us cool, while entertaining each other. So far, we've come up with visiting splash pads, although I will admit I got burnt to a crisp last week, complete with the flu-like symptoms to accompany it. It was no fun. But soldier on we did. And that included going out to play early and late.

Also, we've taken to coloring, drawing, watching Finding Nemo, Cars and Kidsongs religiously. Trent has also been re-discovering some of his toys. We've reclaimed the Handy Manny Toolbench(which I forgot, is super-fun!), his Fisher Price Barn(always a good time), his kitchen set(he makes me eggs and spaghetti. A winning combination, if you ask me...) and all of his Hotwheels car. Fun times!

What have you all been doing to keep cool?

1 comment:

  1. Um, we left the state...you can find us in Colorado for the next 10 days! ;)

    ReplyDelete