Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cranky Baby=No Fun

So, Trent has been super cranky lately. Maybe he's teething, maybe it's because I ran out of the ready-to-feed formula, so I decided to use the powder(which we have SO much of!). Maybe that upset his tummy. Maybe he's gassy. Maybe not. Who knows? I do know, however, that he was not happy at all today with the babysitter. Normally he loves Brittany. But not today. Apparently, he cried almost the entire time she was here with him. She tried everything, and nothing was keeping him happy. He wouldn't eat, he wouldn't sleep. Well, I take that back. When he did fall asleep, it was never for more than 20 minutes. So that made for an even crankier baby. Needless to say, fun times abounded tonight at our house. Or not...

I finally gave him a bath around 6:30. Which of course he loved. And then we played. He loved that, too. Then it was time for him to eat. That wasn't fun. For either of us. He wouldn't eat it warm, he wouldn't eat it cold. Maybe he would've eaten it with mold? Sorry, Dr. Seuss moment. After none of that was working, I took him into his room and read to him. Snuggle Puppy and Goodnight Moon were on the agenda. He did great for both of those. Then, when I started reading Mr. Doodle Had a Poodle, he wigged. Normally, he's all about that book, but not tonight. So I rocked and rocked and sang and sang. And rocked some more. And then he fell asleep. By this time, it was 7:30, almost an hour and a half before him normal bedtime. And I was totally okay with it. He may be waking up sooner than he normally does, but for now, I have some peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment