Sunday, November 15, 2009

Work, Work, Work!

So, I started back to work almost full-time last week. Somehow, in my feeble attempt to be a SAHM(stay at home mother), I thought we could make it with me working only 20 hours per week. Ummm, yeah, that lasted about 4 months before I got my head on straight after I got it yanked out of my rear. Anyhow, last week, I worked 33 hours! *GASP* I know! Craziness all around! No, really, I haven't worked that much since before Trent was born. I mean, heck, I worked 40 hours a week up until 2 weeks before the kid popped out. Just kidding, he didn't "pop" out. I actually worked really hard at delivering that 8 pound, 14 ounce kid. Youch! That is another very long story for another day.

I literally thought I would be able to go back to working just like I had. Not even! It's strange what pregnancy will do to your body. I have worked at Sonic for over 4 years now, and very rarely did my feet ever hurt. Now they hurt every single ding-dang day! It started when I was about 5 months pregnant, and it hasn't stopped yet. Weird. Even on the days I don't work. Anyway, I have really been feeling the effects of working this past week. It's really making me feel like I'm less than I used to be, as far as endurance and stamina go. I used to work 13-hour shifts and be tired. Now, I think I'm dying if I work a normal 8-hour shift. I'm sure some of it has to do with the fact that I'm away from Trent. I'm also constantly thinking of the things I need to do when I get home. Play with Trent. Feed Chris, Trent and myself. Bathe and put Trent to sleep. Get some one-on-one time with Chris(someday we'll have time for one another again, right?). It seems like the list is never- ending.

I now see why mothers are stressed out a lot. There is a ton that goes into making sure everything runs smoothly at home and work. The good news here is that I have my husband to lighten the load, God to lift my spirit and take my burdens, family that loves us and will do anything to help, friends to listen to my woes and my son to remind me why I do what I do!

Blessings,
Korree

1 comment:

  1. The thing is, you don't just work at Sonic. You and Chris are the owners...there's a big difference in just showing up for work and being in charge of EVERYTHING! Hang in there sweetie. You know that God is in control and you and your hubby wiil grow a strong family, keeping that in mind!

    ReplyDelete