Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Few Things About Diaper Changes

So, in my vast knowledge of diapers changes, I have come to some pretty astute conclusions, if I do say so myself. First, I never thought I would smell someone else's rear end. But oh yes, now I am a total believer in doing so. How else are you supposed to tell if there's actually poo in there, or if your kid just has gas? That is my job(one of the many) around here. Apparently, Chris will never put his nose near his own kid's butt.

Anyway, that brings me to another point. DO NOT, under any circumstances, put your finger under the band of your kid's diaper to lift up to see if there is poo. I speak from personal experience. As a matter of fact, I violated my own rule just yesterday afternoon when it comes to this. Trent had just awoke from his nap, and he was a stinky boy. So, to see if there was indeed poo in there, I lifted the band and ended up with crap under my fingernail. Neato... And totally disgusting. But here's the thing: You cannot leave your child unattended on the changing table. What if he should decide that is the time he wants to roll over? For the record, he still hasn't rolled over yet, but who's to say he would try at that time? Anyway, so I had poo under my nail, and I couldn't to anything but get as much of it out as I could with a wipe. Of course the sound of my voice during all of this was cracking him up. "Eww, stinky!" "Eww, mommy has poopy under her nail!" Apparently poop is funny to him, too. Fun stuff.

Today, Chris changed one of the stinky diapers. Yea for Daddy!

One more thing: If you have a boy-child, please make sure you put a wash-cloth over the pee-pee, or you'll end up with a wet changing pad cover, and if he's really an over-achiever, a wet wall, too.

Blessings,
Korree

No comments:

Post a Comment