Friday, October 23, 2009

What's this all about, anyway?

So, since I blog-stalk on a ton of other blogs, I thought to myself, "Self, why don't you just start a blog. I mean, you're an interesting girl with an interesting life. Maybe people will want to read about you, too?" So, here goes nothing...

I am a thirty-something wifey with a beautiful new son and sweet, cute hubby. We have a nice little house in a nice little city (Moore, OK), where not too much happens, but it's just enough for our taste.

Earlier this week I had made plans with my girlfriends (Sarah, Kim and Julie)to go out to dinner with no kids and no husbands. This was all working out very nicely, when one of the girls' daughters got sick. Okay, one down 3 more to go. Three out of four ain't bad! So then another one said she may have to bring her son. Then I thought, well heck, I'll just bring my kid and then we'll have a mommy-kid date. What the heck? NO!!!! What was I thinking? I needed time, with no kids to think about and no times to be home. Plus, Chris really needs to learn how to put Trent down without my help. I normally do these things, but it's been brought to my attention (um, by myself), that T, as well as C, is really getting used to this, therefore making it impossible for me to EVER enjoy an evening out.

Anyway, so then I thought we'd just shoot for another night. I sent out a collective email(the easiest way to connect with these women) detailing my woes. Then my friend Lisa, who had a baby, Owen 5 weeks after T, decided she needed some non-husband, non-kid time, and was I game? Why yes, I'd just had a cancellation! Momma's night out will commence once again! Except for this morning when I threw up unexpectedly... Almost on the baby, as I was feeding him at the time. The good news is, I did make it to the bathroom. The bad news is, I wasn't going anywhere that night! I felt crappy for about 2 hours after that. During those two hours, I called Lisa to tell her the great news, who, as it turns out, was feeling less than stellar herself. Alright, no harm no foul. We will also shoot for another night.

I ended up going to work since I felt better. Not sure what the deal was, although it could've been the massive amount of sinus drainage that's been plaguing me lately that gave me an upset tummy. Hopefully, I'll feel well enough to go An Affair of the Heart at the fairgrounds with my sister-in-law and the kids tomorrow morning. LOVE that show!

So, tonight, here I sit. We had yummy Burger King for dinner after I fed T his rice cereal, which he freaking loves! He looks so darn cute in his new highchair. Okay, when I say "new", I mean "new to us." We are both big believers in Ebay and craigslist. Most everything we've gotten for the baby has been from either place or consignment stores. Really, what is the point in spending big bucks on stuff they won't use for a long time. As long as there are no recalls, we are good to go.
Chris just got Trent out of the tub, so my duties as mommy will resume.

Blessings,
Korree

No comments:

Post a Comment